Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year's at the Beach

We spent New Year's Eve at the beach again this year, courtesy of my parents. All eight of us stayed at a beach front hotel on Myrtle Beach. Here are some pictures:



Here we are at church. On Sunday, we attended church services at All Saints Church in Pawley's Island. I didn't know this, but this church left the Episcopal Church and became a "mission church" of the Bishop of Rwanda. It is a church of the AMiA (Anglican Mission in the Americas), and in fact, AMiA is headquartered there. Anyway, this is a picture of us outside the church building.






Here's a picture of Diane and me taking a walk along the beach. Somebody gave Amy the camera and she began shooting pictures constantly. In fact, though, she really got some good shots.




Here I am walking along the beach. I'm not much of a summer weather person, especially at the beach; but walking along the beach in cool/cold weather, feeling the cold water numb my bare feet, watching the sea gulls and dolphins and pelicans, hearing the surf -- all this I enjoy deeply and in fact find it very relaxing and focusing. Of course, I like walking with the rest of the family, but walking alone is especially re-creative.


Here are Amy and Andrew walking along the beach. We found more jellyfish this time that any other. They make for hazardous beach walks late at night!

See you next year at the beach!

No comments: