Monday, September 17, 2007

Birthday Money!


OK, so how did I spend that birthday money? Although my birthday is in July, I only recently got around to spending it. Here's what I bought:

1. _The Sand Pebbles_ (dvd)

I've already written about this movie - awesome!

2. _10th Anniversary_, the Statler Brothers (cd)

I'm an "uber-fan" of the Statlers, especially their older stuff, with Lew Dewitt in the group. Not many cds left from that time (1969-1982).

3. _The Drama of Scripture: Finding Our Place in the Biblical Story_, by Craig G. Bartholomew and Michael W. Goheen.

A great book dealing with the "drama of redemption." I had a copy of this book, and read it, but then gave it away to a student. Excellent preparation for teaching "Progress of Redemption" (someday).

4. _Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light: The Private Writings of the "Saint of Calcutta"_, by Mother Teresa and Brian Kolodiejchuk.

I plan to read this through, do some comparing of Mother Teresa with Amy Carmichael, and hopefully write a few meaningful posts on the subject.

No comments: