Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A Collection of Random Thoughts


9/11: I still have a hard time believing 9/11 really happened - not in the sense of "Did it happen or not?" but in the sense that "I can't believe that happened!" When I stop and think about it, I get upset all over again. How could people do that? Why would people do that? I also wonder how they were so successful. I did not see either plane hit the towers, but I was in the student center at CIU watching in horror as the towers came down. How could some people still believe that we are NOT a country at war?


The General: Speaking of war, I am very impressed with General David Petraeus, and I can't believe that fellow Americans would go so far to trash his testimony before he even gives it. Perhaps one may disagree with him (and Ambassador Crocker), but if the war in Iraq is one of the most important issues of the day, shouldn't we at least listen to the opinions of the two men who know more about it than anyone else on the planet? Read a great analysis of the general's comments here.


Brittany: Girl, what happened to you? Where did you go wrong? I remember when you were an innocent, cute little teenie-bopper enjoying deserved success for some catchy songs - but look at yourself! It's not funny anymore - it's really, really sad. Please, go home and get some help. Living your life out of the center of the country's attention is really not that bad. There's much more to life. Please, sweatheart, would you do that for us? (Isn't there anyone in this girl's life who has the credibility to do some intervention? Do we all have to watch as she slowly self-destructs?)


Kevin Everett: Buffalo Bill's tight end Kevin Everett will probably never walk again, and still may not even survive his cervical spinal injuries sustained in Sunday's opening game. How tragic - it just makes me sick.



Cleveland Browns: Yeah, we got our rear ends kicked Sunday, 34-7, at the hands of the devil - er, I mean, the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's a good thing we Clevelanders don't like the Browns because they win; we love them because they are the BROWNS!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cincinnati people abandon the Bengals when they lose, champion their cause when they win. The only time they're consistently loyal is when the Steelers come around. So I suppose there's something to be said for Clevelander loyalty.

Anonymous said...

"It's Bwitney Speawers"
:)
And Browns fans are NOT fair-weather fans, that's for sure! If we were, we'd have abandoned our allegiance to them LONG ago.

Anonymous said...

Go Browns!