Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Anti-Evangelical Bigotry

Acton Institute (http://blog.acton.org/) (following an article in World Magazine) notes the anti-evangelical bigotry of many college professors. Read the whole thing, and be warned. Here's a quote:
"The analysis was conducted by Gary Tobin, president of the Institute for Jewish and Community Research. In the survey of 1,262 faculty members across 712 public colleges and universities, Evangelical Christians scored the highest unfavorable rating from faculty with a 53 percent, while Mormons placed second with 33 percent. Jews scored the lowest unfavorable score with 3 percent."

1 comment:

rod said...

I am always intrigued by these statistics. I don't deny that those experiences are probably out there, but often wonder how personal rather than general they are.
I experienced deep ridicule and even persecution from my 5th grade science teacher, but have not felt that since. I've always attributed to her born and bread modernity and being blinded by science. I certainly don't feel it in my increasingly post-modern spheres. hmmmm
maybe there's something wrong with me.