Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More Vick - Genuine Confession?




I know I said I was tired of hearing about Michael Vick, but I am interested in the genuineness of a persons's public confession and in how the media cover the story. Lauren Green (left), religion correspondent for FOXNews, has a very well written analysis of Vick's confession. Read it here. She does not set out to trash the former quarterback - which is all too easy to do, at this point - but she does bring in some important facts about his professions of faith in the past and how those statements bear on his recent "finding Jesus." I am impressed at how well Lauren understands the issues involved. I recommend that you read her article.

1 comment:

casualphoenix said...

I agree that Mrs. Lauren Green has given a great argument for what's been happening recently with Michael Vick. It's quite interesting how, in the beginning of her piece, it looks like she's siding with his confession being sincere, and then turns the argument around half-way through.
What really must be commended is her thoroughness and understanding of the Scriptures she uses.
All in all, a very informative article.