Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thanks, Mark!


Well, I was not terribly troubled when I heard our governor was "unreachable" for a few days. A man deserves a break now and then, and there have been many times I have wanted to get out on a canoe on Lake Murray all by myself, just to be alone. Not tell the wife? Well, I wouldn't take that route myself, but if Mrs. Sanford is OK with it, I don't think I should judge. Hiking the Appalachian Trail? OK, no problem...a little odd, but, hey, I've hiked part of it, and I can see where that would help someone unwind a bit. South America? Hmmmm...well, OK, I suppose if I had the money and could do that I might want to really get away from it all from time to time. I wish he had been a bit more careful, and had let people know, but again, I'm OK with it. My nice neighbor lady, asked me today what I thought of our missing governor, and I gently tried to give the guy some freedom. I've heard from some reliable sources that Mr. Sanford is a real family man, a genuine Christian man, so I went out on a limb and assured my Jewish neighbor that, whatever the reason for our governor's disappearance, "I'm sure it was nothing, yunno, WRONG or IMMORAL."


THANKS, MARK!


1 comment:

Mark Mahaffey said...

http://covblogs.com/eatingbark/archives/2009/06/on_political_analysis.html turns out more appropriate than expected...